Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ge...@wellsfargo.com on 2005/06/22 00:23:22 UTC

ClassNotFoundException

I am trying to run the Tapestry tutorial under Tomcat and getting a
ClassNotFoundException

# tutorial/hangman/Visit
# java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) #
java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:219)
#
org.apache.tapestry.util.DefaultResourceResolver.findClass(DefaultResour
ceResolver.java:103)
#
org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.createVisit(AbstractEngine.jav
a:1697)
#
org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.getVisit(AbstractEngine.java:1
642)
# org.apache.tapestry.AbstractPage.getVisit(AbstractPage.java:367)
# tutorial.hangman.Home.formSubmit(Home.java:39)

With this additional information
Could not load class ? tutorial.hangman.Visit from WebappClassLoader
available: delegate: false repositories: /WEB-INF/classes/ required:
----------> Parent Classloader: StandardClassLoader available:
Extension[org.apache.commons.beanutils, implementationVendor=Apache
Software Foundation, implementationVersion=1.6,
specificationVendor=Apache Software Foundation,
specificationVersion=1.6] Extension[org.apache.commons.codec.*,
implementationVendor=Apache Software Foundation,
implementationVendorId=, implementationVersion=1.2,
specificationVendor=Apache Software Foundation,
specificationVersion=1.2] Extension[org.apache.commons.collections,
implementationVendor=Apache Software Foundation,
implementationVersion=2.1, specificationVendor=Apache Software
Foundation, specificationVersion=2.1]
Extension[org.apache.commons.digester, implementationVendor="Apache
Software Foundation", implementationVersion="1.5",
specificationVendor="Apache Software Foundation",
specificationVersion="1.5"] Extension[commons-fileupload,
implementationVendor=Apache Software Foundation,
implementationVendorId=, implementationVersion=1.0,
specificationVendor=Apache Software Foundation, specificationVersion=]
Extension[commons-lang, implementationVendor=Apache Software Foundation,
implementationVersion=1.0, specificationVendor=Apache Software
Foundation, specificationVersion=1.0]
Extension[org.apache.commons.logging, implementationVendor=Apache
Software Foundation, implementationVersion=1.0.2,
specificationVendor=Apache Software Foundation,
specificationVersion=1.0] delegate: true repositories:
file:C:\appserver\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31\shared\classes\
file:C:\appserver\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31\shared\lib\bsf-2.3.0.jar
file:C:\appserver\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31\shared\lib\commons-beanutils-1.6
.1.jar

This class is compiled and available under context/WEB-INF/classes in
the Tomcat webapps context.

Thanks
Gervase Gallant

Re: ClassNotFoundException

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
 <Gervase.Gallant <at> wellsfargo.com> writes:

> I am trying to run the Tapestry tutorial under Tomcat and getting a
> ClassNotFoundException
> # tutorial/hangman/Visit
> This class is compiled and available under context/WEB-INF/classes in
> the Tomcat webapps context.

Try reloading your app.

--
Author of an e-Book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)