Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sanjeev Koranga <sa...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/09/13 17:00:06 UTC

Problem with word 'Repository' in facets

Hi,

I am facing a issue with facet fields.
 I have one field as category in my schema.xml file and i have mapped it to facet fields. But the problem is, one of the category is "Repository" which is displaying fine in category field but in facet field it is showing "Repositori". y is getting changed to i. I don't know why.
I tried giving "Repositry", and it showing me "repos".

But working fine with all other words and combinations like "Repositoryy", "Repositorz", "Repositori".

please help.

thanks
Sanjeev Koranga

---------------------------------

Re: Problem with word 'Repository' in facets

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 13-Sep-07, at 8:00 AM, Sanjeev Koranga wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a issue with facet fields.
>  I have one field as category in my schema.xml file and i have
> mapped it to facet fields. But the problem is, one of the category
> is "Repository" which is displaying fine in category field but in
> facet field it is showing "Repositori". y is getting changed to i.
> I don't know why.
> I tried giving "Repositry", and it showing me "repos".
>
> But working fine with all other words and combinations like
> "Repositoryy", "Repositorz", "Repositori".

You are faceting on a field that is analyzed with a stemmer
(PorterFilterStemmer).  If you do not want that behaviour (but want
it for searchign), use copyField to index in another field that does
not have unexpected analysis (preferably, none).

-Mike

Re: Problem with word 'Repository' in facets

Posted by Adrian Sutton <ad...@symphonious.net>.
> I am facing a issue with facet fields.
>  I have one field as category in my schema.xml file and i have
> mapped it to facet fields. But the problem is, one of the category
> is "Repository" which is displaying fine in category field but in
> facet field it is showing "Repositori". y is getting changed to i.
> I don't know why.
> I tried giving "Repositry", and it showing me "repos".

This looks like the work of a Stemming filter - perhaps you have
solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory as one of the filters for that field?
You could add Repository to the list of words to ignore or remove the
stemming filter from the indexing analyzer or add the stemming filter
to the query analyzer.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton
http://www.symphonious.net