Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by leonelag <Le...@gft.com> on 2009/04/20 18:40:07 UTC

How do I check out the source for Tomcat 5.5.23 (as of Apr 2009)?

Hello all,

It's 2009 already and Tomcat 5.5.23 is not the latest version of Tomcat.

The folder structure of the Tomcat repo may be a bit confusing:
http://tomcat.apache.org/svn.html ; as a seasoned Subversion user, I
expected to be able to check out the source from a URL like:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/tomcat-5.5.23

Unfortunately, there isn't a single URL to download the source of this
version of Tomcat, which is split across several folders.

Checking out the latest version of the 5.5.x trunk is straightforward, with
a checkout from a single URL.
But how do I checkout the source for version 5.5.23 ?

Thanks
Leonel

Re: How do I check out the source for Tomcat 5.5.23 (as of Apr 2009)?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
leonelag wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> It's 2009 already and Tomcat 5.5.23 is not the latest version of Tomcat.
>
> The folder structure of the Tomcat repo may be a bit confusing:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/svn.html ; as a seasoned Subversion user, I
> expected to be able to check out the source from a URL like:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/tomcat-5.5.23
>
> Unfortunately, there isn't a single URL to download the source of this
> version of Tomcat, which is split across several folders.
>
> Checking out the latest version of the 5.5.x trunk is straightforward, with
> a checkout from a single URL.
> But how do I checkout the source for version 5.5.23 ?

mkdir tomcat-5.5.25
cd tomcat-5.5.23
svn co \
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/build/tags/tc5.5.x/TOMCAT_5_5_23/ \
  build
svn co \
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/container/tags/tc5.5.x/TOMCAT_5_5_23/ \
  container
svn co \
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/connectors/tags/tc5.5.x/TOMCAT_5_5_23/ \
  connectors
svn co \
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/jasper/tags/tc5.5.x/TOMCAT_5_5_23/ \
  jasper
svn co \
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/servletapi/tags/servlet2.4-jsp2.0-tc5.x/TOMCAT_5_5_23/ \
  servletapi

Modify the tag of you want a different release.

Or just download the src tarball.

Mark