Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Tinselboer, K. (Justid)" <K....@justid.nl.INVALID> on 2023/01/17 15:15:31 UTC

Cannot receive messages with header with NULL value via STOMP

Hi,

I think we've discovered a bug in ActiveMQ Artemis.

We can work around the bug very easily, so frankly we're not interested in an account or ownership of this issue. If someone can reproduce the issue, perhaps it could be added to JIRA?

Reproduction steps:

-        Bring up an ActiveMQ Artemis 2.27.0 broker, with a queue (anycast in our case)

-        Use JMS to send a text-message from Java code, with a JMS property  (header) with key equal to a non-empty string and with value (string property) set to NULL. The message is added to the queue.

-        Use STOMP (we use stomp.py) to subscribe to the queue with the text-message on it. The message will not be received, apparently because of the null value in the JMS property (header). At the default logging level no issue is reported by ActiveMQ Artemis. Also via the STOMP protocol no error is received. Any messages that are added to the queue which do not have headers with a NULL value are received properly via STOMP.

-        Note: we haven't tested what happens if the key is NULL and the value is not

Workaround:

-        Use a value unequal to NULL for the value of each JMS property (header)

Kind regards,

Koen

Ministerie van Justitie en Veiligheid
Ministry of Justice and Security

Re: Cannot receive messages with header with NULL value via STOMP

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I created ARTEMIS-4133 [1] for this and sent a PR [2].

Thanks for the report!

Justin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-4133
[2] https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/4335