Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amitabh Dubey <du...@petris.com> on 2002/09/23 05:07:10 UTC

URGENT: SQL Server and Tomct 4.1 Pooling

Hello Guys,
   I have been working on this problem for 3 days now and have not been able
to make Tomcat create a connection pool for me. This is my setup

Database - SQL Server 2000
Driver   - JDBC Driver by microsoft
Tomcat   - 4.1.2 (Packaged as part of JWSDK from SUN)

I was able to successfully create and use connections using a DataSource.
However, I want to use connection pooling and have no idea of how I can do
so. If there is anyone who has been successful in creating a DataSource
using a Connection pool with SQL Server, please could you either send me a
snippet of your server.xml or tell me how i can go about achieving pooling.

Also, do i need Tyrex if i want to use connection pooling. I have downloaded
it from their website anyways and placed in my tomcat\common\lib directory.
How do i go about using this pool manager if this i what i have to use with
tomcat to achieve pooling.

Please HELP!!

Thank you
Amitabh Dubey