Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Abhay Pasad <ad...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/14 09:29:30 UTC

Re: Configuration Service

One of the major issues with an external variable registry file which we
refer to in the nifi.properties file is that it needs NiFi instance to be
bounced. While this may serve your purpose in the lower environments in a
purpose, at an enterprise level cluster this might not be feasible in higher
environments like Production. What this also means is that due to lack of
common global variables/parameters, you may need to spin up a new controller
service every time. I think a Configuration service is a must and should be
worked upon. :)

Re: Configuration Service

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
This original thread was from quite a long time ago, and there have
been many improvements since then, one of which is a variable registry
that is exposed directly through the UI [1] and does not require
bouncing the NiFi instance.

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#Variables_Window