Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2014/12/12 21:38:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release Configuration 2.0-alpha2 based on RC1

Hi all,

this is a vote for the second alpha version of [configuration] 2.0 based
on the first release candidate. After the first alpha version, a couple
of enhancement requests have been implemented causing some minor changes
on interfaces. Details are available in the release notes.

The same disclaimer applies as for the first alpha release:
- This release is according to the "release often and early" mantra. It
is not yet perfect (e.g. there are lots of checkstyle errors, and it is
expected that there are still some API changes). The purpose is to get
feedback from the community regarding the new concepts implemented in
this version. I hope, I have made this clear in the release notes.
- In the past we decided that alpha releases should not go to Maven
central. Therefore, I did not deploy the artifacts to Nexus; only the
distributions were created.

Configuration 2.0-alpha2 RC1 is available for review here:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/configuration
(revision 7395)

Details of changes since 1.10 and the first alpha version are in the
release notes:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/configuration/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

http://people.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-2.0-alpha2-rc1/changes-report.html

Here is the tag:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/configuration/tags/CONFIGURATION_2_0_alpha2_RC1
(revision 1644517)

Site:
   http://people.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-2.0-alpha2-rc1/
(note some links in the menu for version 1.10 are not yet working)

KEYS:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

Please review the release candidate and vote.
This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 2000
GMT 15-December 2014

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Thanks!
Oliver

Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 2.0-alpha2 based on RC1

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On 12/12/2014 09:38 PM, Oliver Heger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is a vote for the second alpha version of [configuration] 2.0 based
> on the first release candidate. After the first alpha version, a couple
> of enhancement requests have been implemented causing some minor changes
> on interfaces. Details are available in the release notes.
>
> The same disclaimer applies as for the first alpha release:
> - This release is according to the "release often and early" mantra. It
> is not yet perfect (e.g. there are lots of checkstyle errors, and it is
> expected that there are still some API changes). The purpose is to get
> feedback from the community regarding the new concepts implemented in
> this version. I hope, I have made this clear in the release notes.
> - In the past we decided that alpha releases should not go to Maven
> central. Therefore, I did not deploy the artifacts to Nexus; only the
> distributions were created.
>
> Configuration 2.0-alpha2 RC1 is available for review here:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/configuration
> (revision 7395)
>
> Details of changes since 1.10 and the first alpha version are in the
> release notes:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/configuration/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> http://people.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-2.0-alpha2-rc1/changes-report.html
>
> Here is the tag:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/configuration/tags/CONFIGURATION_2_0_alpha2_RC1
> (revision 1644517)
>
> Site:
>    http://people.apache.org/~oheger/configuration-2.0-alpha2-rc1/
> (note some links in the menu for version 1.10 are not yet working)
>
> KEYS:
>   http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 2000
> GMT 15-December 2014

[x] +1 Release these artifacts

Thomas

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Looks good for an alpha2: +1

Tested on:

Apache Maven 3.2.3 (33f8c3e1027c3ddde99d3cdebad2656a31e8fdf4;
2014-08-11T16:58:10-04:00)
Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.2.3
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_71\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

With Java 8, Javadoc doclint errors abound. My set up:

Apache Maven 3.2.3 (33f8c3e1027c3ddde99d3cdebad2656a31e8fdf4;
2014-08-11T16:58:10-04:00)
Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.2.3
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_25\jre
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "dos"

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 2.0-alpha2 based on RC1

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

> [...]
> > >         at
> > >

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)
> > >         at
> > >

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
> > >         at
> > >

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
> > >         at
> > >

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)
> > >         at
> > >

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)
> > >         at
> > >

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
> > >         at
> > >

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:120)
> > >         at
> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:347)
> > >         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:154)
> > >         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:582)
> > >         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:214)
> > >         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:158)
> > >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> > >         at

> > >         at

> > >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
> > >         at
> > >

> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
> > >         at
> > >

> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
> > >         at
> > >

> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
> > >         at
> > >
> org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
> > > [INFO] The JIRA version is 'null'
> > > [INFO] Generating "JavaDocs" report             ---
> > > maven-javadoc-plugin:2.10.1:javadoc
> > > [INFO]
> > >
> > > An old maven-changes-plugin is in use here, maybe that has something to
> > do
> > > with it.
> > >
> > > Running with:
> > >
> > > Apache Maven 3.2.3 (33f8c3e1027c3ddde99d3cdebad2656a31e8fdf4;
> > > 2014-08-11T16:58:10-04:00)
> > > Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.2.3
> > > Java version: 1.7.0_71, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> > > Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_71\jre
> > > Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
> > > OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
> > >
> > > Gary
> >
> > Good catch. Updating to version 2.11 of the maven-changes-plugin seems
> > to fix the problem.
> >
> > But this is surely not a blocker for the release?
> >

> It is not a blocker IMO. I've not taken more time to look closer at the RC
> though... so I am abstaining until then.

I also need some more time for my review. Sorry for the delay...

Benedikt

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: [VOTE] Release Configuration 2.0-alpha2 based on RC1

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Am 14.12.2014 um 22:45 schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
> Hey Oliver,

>> My own +1.
>>
>> Seems to be no good time for a vote...
>>

> It's holiday time, so... :o)
>
> I will have some time on Tuesday evening to review this RC. One thing
> already caught my eye: The Clirr report compares with alpha2-SNAPSHOT. Can
> you configure the report to compare with alpha1 instead and update the site?

Done.

Thanks
Oliver

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hey Oliver,

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
My own +1.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

> Am 19.12.2014 um 08:08 schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
> >

> > Send from my mobile device

> messages.
> >>
> >> But the jars _will_ be published to MC.
> >> The Clirr errors do not matter because we are breaking BC in version 2
> AND
> >> it is OK to break BC between alphas since we are breaking it with
> version 1.
> >
> > I don't see a staging repository, so I guess they won't be published.
> The clirr report compares Alpha-1 and Alpha-2.
>
> Yes, this is correct. Quoting this paragraph from the original vote mail:
>
> "In the past we decided that alpha releases should not go to Maven
> central. Therefore, I did not deploy the artifacts to Nexus; only the
> distributions were created."

Thank you for clarifying this, Oliver!

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com>.

Send from my mobile device

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Oliver,

[RESULT] Release Configuration 2.0-alpha2 based on RC1

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
The vote to release Commons Configuration 2.0-alpha2 has passed with the
following votes:

Gary Gregory:		+1
Benedikt Ritter:	+1
Thomas Neidhart:	+1
Oliver Heger:		+1

All votes are binding, no other votes were cast.

Thanks to all who took the time to review, although this is a busy time
of year.