Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by form post <fo...@hotmail.com> on 2007/09/21 00:24:03 UTC

JSessionId

Question about the url parameter, jsessionid.

As far as I can tell this should only appear if I have cookie disable.

However, I am getting this parameter when cookies are enabled.

I have a pretty simple web app. However, my index.jsp redirects to page that
is behind the dispatch controller.  eg. index.jsp contains this line.
<c:redirect url="welcome.action"/>

This causes my tomcat (version 6) to append the jsessionid to the url as
well as adding a cookie.

Why does this happen? And how can I stop the jsessionid appearing on the
url.

Thanks

Re: JSessionId

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
How??  Tomcat doesn't get a cookie from the browser until it set's one.

--David

Re: JSessionId

Posted by formpost <fo...@hotmail.com>.

Re: JSessionId