Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2015/02/13 12:36:23 UTC

DocumentStore API extensibility, was: DocumentMK: improving the query API

On 2015-02-03 14:55, Julian Reschke wrote:

...and, while at it...

As long as we only have a few hardwired implementations of
DocumentStore, we might as well clean up the API a bit more.

We currently have one extension, CachingDocumentStore, implemented by
Mongo and RDB.

Extension interfaces get tricky once you have too many; they also
interfere badly with wrappers (such as the LoggingDocumentStoreWrapper).
This is something we could address with a more dynamic approach such as
Sling's Adaptable or java.sql's Wrapper interfaces (but none of these
could be used here, right?).

As a short-term change, I'd like to get rid of CachingDocumentStore,
move its single method into DocumentStore, and allow that method to
return null.

WDYT?

Re: DocumentStore API extensibility, was: DocumentMK: improving the query API

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> wrote:
> As a short-term change, I'd like to get rid of CachingDocumentStore, move
> its single method into DocumentStore, and allow that method to return null.

+1

Chetan Mehrotra