Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it> on 2007/10/08 17:32:13 UTC

Project on SVN with a not versioned parent

Hi all,
because of the lack of documentation, I have some difficulties to add my
maven2 project on Continuum, my scenario si the following:

pss
|-- pom.xml

toolkit
|-- pom.xml

common
|-- src
|-- pom.xml

pss is parent of toolkit which is parent of common

But, only common contains sources and only it is versioned using Subversion.
The other two parents are in my local repository and in the private remote
repository.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
Raffaele

In your opinion, how should I add those project on Continumm? Please tell me
the steps to follow.

Re: Project on SVN with a not versioned parent

Posted by vincentDitLeVinz <vi...@amdm.fr>.
I had a similar problem with continuum 1.1beta3, artifactory and maven 2.0.7,
except I use CVS.
Due to a bug in maven 2.0.7, you cannot use the <mirror> tag to redirect to
artifactory, thus you must use a profile to achieve this redirection. Be
careful to specify
<activation><activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault></activation> for this
profile otherwise continuum cannot find artifactory and then that leads to
the message "Missing artifact trying to build the POM. Check that its parent
POM is available or add it first in Continuum".

Hope this helps.
Vincent

Re: Project on SVN with a not versioned parent

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.
I'm using Continuum 1.1-alpha-2 under Linux.

Now it seems not to recognize the url:
svn: Unrecognized URL scheme for
'http://gea:81/data/svn/pss/application/prova/common'

Thanks, I'll do more tests...
Best regards.
Raffaele

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.
Ok thanks,

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Raffaele a écrit :
> Ok, I'm starting to understand...
>
> I have performed another test specifying the pom url of "leaf" project named
> common.
> Then I went to see logs and the sensible log rows are these(I've cut some
> shallow info):
> WARN  WagonManager:default           - Unable to get resource
> 'org.pss.toolkit:toolkit-parent:pom:1' from repository central
> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> INFO  Continuum:default              - Created 0 projects.
> INFO  Continuum:default              - Created 0 project groups.
> INFO  Continuum:default              - 1 errors.
> INFO  Continuum:default              - 1 errors during project add:
> INFO  Continuum:default              - add.project.artifact.not.found.error
>
> At this point it is clear that Continuum is attempting to find parent pom in
> the Central repository, is right? But my parent poms are inside Artifactory,
> but my company repository is specified inside the settings.xml file in the
> conf folder of maven installation.

Continuum don't read settings.xml in the conf folder but in ${user.home}/.m2/
It's better to store your settings here, so it is shared by continuum and all your maven installations.

> A stupid question:
> Continuum comes with maven or I have also to install maven in the machine
> which hosts Continuum?

You must install it.

Emmanuel

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Raffaele a écrit :
> Which logs are you talking about? Where can I find these logs?

With standalone version, logs are under $CONTINUUM_HOME/logs/
Look at wrapper.*

> However my scenario is like the picture in attachment
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p13110700/MAVEN.jpg
>
> Generally how Continuum discover the different pom inside a hierarchy?

Continuum use maven API to discover pom like maven do it so it need to access to your remote repository and where it is.

Emmanuel

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Raffaele <r....@prismasw.it>.