Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Re...@DSTInnovis.com on 2005/10/25 16:43:45 UTC

Filter this users email list by subject keyword

Due to the high volume of emails from this list, it would be great to be
able to filter them on receipt to send them to a specified folder.   Since
we can't do it on sender, how about subversion modifying the subject
header to add a keyword we could filter on?

protected from disclosure, and may be privileged. The information is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s) of the message.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Re: Filter this users email list by subject keyword

Posted by Nathan Kidd <na...@spicycrypto.ca>.
Rebecca_Young@DSTInnovis.com wrote:

> Due to the high volume of emails from this list, it would be great to be
> able to filter them on receipt to send them to a specified folder.
> Since we can't do it on sender, how about subversion modifying the
> subject header to add a keyword we could filter on?

You should configure your mail client to filter based on e.g. the
list-post mail header included in every mail sent from the list.

Try viewing the email source or "all headers" in your mail client to see
what information is available.

-Nathan

Re: Filter this users email list by subject keyword

Posted by David Anderson <da...@calixo.net>.
Rebecca_Young@DSTInnovis.com wrote:
>  Due to the high volume of emails from this list, it would be great to
>  be able to filter them on receipt to send them to a specified folder.
>  Since we can't do it on sender, how about subversion modifying the
>  subject header to add a keyword we could filter on?

Just filter on the list-post header, which is added by the mailing list
software.  With a filter on that, I catch 100% of the mail going to the
list.

list-post: <ma...@subversion.tigris.org>

No need for mangling the Subject: line.  It is also considered harmful,
because you then need to unmangle it if you don't like losing screen
real estate.

- Dave

Re: Filter this users email list by subject keyword

Posted by Re...@DSTInnovis.com.
>There are many other headers you can filter on. For example, I filter
>on whether the Return-Path header contains "@subversion.tigris.org".

Thanks for all the tips everyone!   You guys are great!   No more postings
needed.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by John Joseph Bachir <jo...@gmail.com>.
i filter mine by recipient: *users@subversion.tigris.org*

Posted by Alan Barrett <ap...@cequrux.com>.
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Rebecca_Young@DSTInnovis.com wrote:
> Due to the high volume of emails from this list, it would be great to be
> able to filter them on receipt to send them to a specified folder.   Since
> we can't do it on sender, how about subversion modifying the subject
> header to add a keyword we could filter on?

You should be able to filter on any of the following headers:

--apb (Alan Barrett)

Re: Filter this users email list by subject keyword

Posted by Patrick Burleson <pb...@gmail.com>.
On 10/25/05, Rebecca_Young@dstinnovis.com <Re...@dstinnovis.com> wrote:

> Due to the high volume of emails from this list, it would be great to be
> able to filter them on receipt to send them to a specified folder.   Since
> we can't do it on sender, how about subversion modifying the subject header
> to add a keyword we could filter on?

I filter on TO: or CC: users@subversion.tigris.org and that gets 99%
of them. Just FYI.

Patrick

Re: Filter this users email list by subject keyword

Posted by Kumar McMillan <ku...@gmail.com>.
any recipient = users@subversion.tigris.org works, no?
However, [svn users] or something would be nice.

Posted by "Martin J. Stumpf" <mj...@jhu.edu>.
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:Rebecca_Young@DSTInnovis.com">Rebecca_Young@DSTInnovis.com</a>
wrote:
 cite="midOF5C2DF280.2EC04CF0-ON862570A5.005988AA-882570A5.005C04F8@dstsystems.com"
 type="cite"><br>
from
this list, it would be great to be able to filter them on receipt to
send
them to a specified folder. &nbsp; Since we can't do it on sender, how
about subversion modifying the subject header to add a keyword we could
filter on? &nbsp;</font> <br>
  <hr size="1">
of Amdocs,
protected from disclosure, and may be privileged. The information is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s) of the
message.
hereby
notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. </strong></p>
Using thunderbird, I have a filter on the To: field. It always contains
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:users@subversion.tigris.org">users@subversion.tigris.org</a>
for me.<br>
-Martin<br>

Re: Filter this users email list by subject keyword

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 10/25/05, Rebecca_Young@dstinnovis.com <Re...@dstinnovis.com> wrote:

> Due to the high volume of emails from this list, it would be great to be
> able to filter them on receipt to send them to a specified folder.   Since
> we can't do it on sender, how about subversion modifying the subject header
> to add a keyword we could filter on?

There are numerous headers added to this list's mail by the mailing
list software.  Personally, I filter based on the list-post header.

-garrett