Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ra...@thomsonreuters.com on 2012/03/20 19:17:31 UTC

Multi-valued polyfields - Do they exist in the wild ?

Hi:
   We have been keen on using polyfields for a while. But we have been restricted from using it because they do not seem to support Multi-values (yet). I am wondering if there are any Custom implementations  or is there any ETA on the Solr releases to include Multivalued PolyFields  .

Thanks for the support

Ramde

Re: Multi-valued polyfields - Do they exist in the wild ?

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
(Currency has one value and a dynamic table of currency->conversion.
The field type does the conversion calculations on the fly.)

To pick particular values, you have to do your own search inside the
returned array.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Multi-valued polyfields - Do they exist in the wild ?

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hello,

The most promising approach for doing this is BlockJoinQuery. Here is the
great intro
http://blog.mikemccandless.com/2012/01/searching-relational-content-with.html.
This query and lowlevel indexing support is implemented in Lucene. Some
work is in progress for Solr https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3076.
The currently present approaches is wiki.apache.org/solr/Join and Grouping
aka FieldCollapsing.

Regards

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
 <mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: Multi-valued polyfields - Do they exist in the wild ?

Posted by ra...@thomsonreuters.com.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.