Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Aman Choudhary <vo...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/26 20:28:16 UTC

Controller issue with kafka version 0.10.0.2

Hi,
 I am using Kafka version 0.10.0.2 in the production environment. I am
facing issues in my kafka broker and consumer machines which is very
similar to issue described here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-3916.
I have attached the controller logs and consumer logs are very similar to
one described in above jira ticket.
Consumer error log:

2017-08-26 23:47:54,738 WARN [kafka-producer-network-thread | producer-8]
o.a.k.c.p.i.Sender [kafka-producer-network-thread | (consumer group)] Got
error produce response with correlation id 10322 on topic-partition
topic-0, retrying (9 attempts left). Error: NETWORK_EXCEPTION
I am having 5000 topics right now with a retention period of 1 hour. The
maximum size of data during peak load is 3-4 GB in a machine and I am
having 6 kafka broker machines of 6 core and 16 GB RAM.
Can someone please point out if there's something wrong in my approach? Do
I need to update to latest version?
Aman