Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Ben Davis <be...@boldidea.org> on 2019/11/06 18:03:42 UTC

Guacamole client is extremely slow and laggy compared to direct VNC client

Hi, I've installed guacamole-1.0.0 on an AWS EC2 t3a.small
<https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/t3/> instance (2GB ram). I'm
running a tigervnc server w/ xfce desktop. When testing with a normal VNC
client, performance is very good. However, when running through guacamole,
it has very heavy lag.  The delay between clicking a menu and seeing the
menu open can be several seconds.

I also tried a noVNC client in Chrome and performance was great. How might
I find where the bottleneck is?

Re: Guacamole client is extremely slow and laggy compared to direct VNC client

Posted by Ben Davis <be...@boldidea.org>.
I guess I failed to mention I had it behind an nginx proxy, and it turns
out that was the bottleneck. I shamefully skipped over the guac manual on
the proper settings for nginx. Thanks for pointing me in the right
direction, though!

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.