Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by A J <s5...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/29 17:04:08 UTC

International language implementations

Can someone list some of the current international language
implementations of cassandra ?

Thanks.

Re: International language implementations

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:54 PM, A J <s5...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Example, taobao.com is a chinese online bid site. All data is chinese
> and they use Mongodb successfully.
> Are there similar installations of cassandra where data is non-latin ?
>
> I know in theory, it should all work as cassandra has full utf-8
> support. But unless there are real implementations, you cannot be sure
> of the issues related to storing,sorting etc..
>
> Regards.
>

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Peter Schuller
> <pe...@infidyne.com> wrote:
>>> Can someone list some of the current international language
>>> implementations of cassandra ?
>>
>> What is an "international language implementation of Cassandra"?
>>
>> --
>> / Peter Schuller

Keyspace ->Java String
ColumnFamily ->Java string
Row Key-> byte []
column -> byte []
value -> byte []

So you can encode/store any type of data you like.

As for internationalization, I have not found any NadaSQL groups yet.

Re: International language implementations

Posted by A J <s5...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sasha Dolgy <sd...@gmail.com>.
I store multiple languages in a cf if this is what you are on about...

Posted by Peter Schuller <pe...@infidyne.com>.