Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Kris Sterckx <kr...@nuagenetworks.net> on 2019/10/06 13:11:30 UTC

Further cleaning up NuageVsp plugin code

Hi all,

Please take a look at following PR's

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/3619  (master)
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/3620  (4.13)
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/3621  (4.12)
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/3622  (4.11)

They proceed with cleanup of NuageVsp plugin (cfr [1]) to the relevant
per-release master branches (+ on 4.13 and master have some additional
minor cleanups).

I would like these to get merged as i am concerned with the
cs.mv.nuagenetworks.net maven repo, referred to from the Nuage plugin code,
being no longer maintained and i don't want to break any build going
forward.

Your collaboration to get this merged is appreciated.

thanks

Kris

[1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/3146

Re: Further cleaning up NuageVsp plugin code

Posted by Kris Sterckx <kr...@nuagenetworks.net>.
Thanks Rohit

Thanks for moving ahead #3620.
I closed #3619 now.

The reason why i would like #3621 and #3622 to see go ahead as well is
because the Nuage CS maven repo is publicly hosted and not maintained and
for that we decide it to cease to exist. I would like to shut it down by
end of the year.

To your concern, what I can do instead on 4.11 and 4.12 branch is removing
Nuage from the main pom files (the root pom file + the client pom file),
without touching any code at all.  Whenever then a bigger change is planned
anyway, the current PR's can still be considered (by which you will get the
clean cut). The 4.12 was an easy port but the 4.11 one was not
straight-forward.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Kris