Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "gioacchinomauri@libero.it" <gi...@libero.it> on 2008/04/03 23:58:43 UTC

wicket, spring and aop

Hi there,

I'm just trying to integrate wicket 1.3.2, spring 2.0 and aspect oriented programming (spring-aop). I've an aspect for instrumenting a dao provider that is defined as follow:

@Aspect()
public class DaoProviderInstrumentation {

    @Around("execution(* *(..)) && target(org.mypackage.dao.DaoProvider)")
    public Object executeFinder(ProceedingJoinPoint pjp) throws Throwable {
       // stuff not important for now
}

A dao provider is intended to be an interface similar to the following:

public interface Daos extends DaoProvider{

     public AnimalDAO getAnimalDao();
}

where AnimalDAO is another interface with methods to retrieve animals. The instrumentation should get executed when i'm trying to access to the getAnimalDao() and it should create a proxy of animalDAO that exposes "finder" methods to retrieve animals using some conventions defined by name of the methods.

The instrumentation isn't executed. I know wicket is not managed but i like the wicket framework and it would be great to use integrate it but i don't know if it is possible and what is the correct way of doing it.
I've tried to use the SpringWebApplication in the wicket-spring package  but i don't know how to use it to integrate the instrumentation.

I don't need to inject components using the @SpringBean annotation.

Thanks for your time,

Re: wicket, spring and aop

Posted by Korbinian Bachl - privat <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Hello,

im quite new to spring, but afaik you cant have spring manipulating
wicket itself; however you could create a spring based proxy-class for
those purposes and have it used by @SpringBean(name="name") where you
put the logic in it;

maybe its possible to have a wicket-PageClass be also a managed by
spring but im not sure if this works...

Is spring spewing out its lines at your current app startup? (if not:
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/spring.html helds details for this)

Best,

Korbinian