Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mike Haller <Mi...@Innovations.de> on 2005/05/10 11:59:35 UTC

HashMap vs. Map

Hi all,

using Axis 1.2
I'm trying to implement my own service:

public interface MyService {
     public org.w3c.dom.Document listObjects(java.util.Map parameters);
}

Sadly, the generated code (java2wsdl and then wsdl2java) is generating
this interface:

public interface MyService extends java.rmi.Remote {
     public org.w3c.dom.Document listObjects(java.util.HashMap in0)
throws java.rmi.RemoteException;
}

Note the difference: Map and HashMap in the method signatures.

Why is it using HashMap instead of Map?

To solve this, i tried to implement my own GeneratorFactory, but failed
to find the location where the mapping is resolved. I also found out
that there are <typeMapping> elements - but where do I have to add them,
since the WSDL file is regenerated on each build.

So, I hope someone can tell me where I can tell Axis' wsdl2java to use
Map instead of HashMap.

Thanks,
regards
Mike