Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Prasad Bhalerao <pr...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/28 07:39:04 UTC

Query where clause on byte array

Hi,

I want to store 128 bit number as a one the field in value object in my
cache.

I can do that using multiple ways.
e.g.
1) I can store 128 bit number using java.math.BigInteger.
      a) But If store it using BigInteger, can I create index on this field?
      b) How can I use this field in where clause to filter the data?

2) I can store 128 bit number using byte array (byte[]).
    a) Can I create an index on byte array?
    b) Can I use this byte array field in where clause to filter the data.
        e.g.  mostly the where clause would be bytearr >=? and   bytearr <=

3) I can implement my own Number datatype e.g. Int128 using two long
numbers and and I implement compareTo method which is a bit tricky.
   a) I can create index on nested objects but how I can use this Int128
data type field in where clause and make use of overridden compareTo method
to filter the data?

Can someone please advise?

Thanks,
Prasad

Re: Query where clause on byte array

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I think you can have two long fields (hi, lo) and have index on (hi asc, lo
asc). Such index will be around 20 bytes/rec.

Actually this will only give you 127 bit fields if I'm not mistaken, since
perhaps you don't want to use negative lo values.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Prasad Bhalerao <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ilya Lantukh <il...@apache.org>.
Hi,