Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Da...@chaosreigns.com on 2011/01/18 22:58:33 UTC

corpus-nightly script not working

$ ~/nightlymc/trunk/masses/rule-qa/corpus-nightly
+ rsync -Pcvuzb --timeout=120 spam-darxus.log ham-darxus.log darxus@rsync.spamassassin.org::corpus/
skipping non-regular file "ham-darxus.log"
skipping non-regular file "spam-darxus.log"

sent 62 bytes  received 12 bytes  29.60 bytes/sec

It looks like adding --copy-links to the rsync command worked.

Does this mean nobody uses the corpus-nightly script?

--
"When in doubt, gas it. It may not solve the problem,
But it ends the suspense." - Steve Moonitz, DoD #2319, 1994

Re: Wiki access Re: corpus-nightly script not working

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 23:06 -0500, nb@bebout.net wrote:
> Can someone add NickBebout to ContributorsGroup also?

Done.

Re: Wiki access Re: corpus-nightly script not working

Posted by nb...@bebout.net.
Can someone add NickBebout to ContributorsGroup also?

I'm a comaintainer of auto-mass-check (along with Warren).

Thanks,

Nick

Posted by Da...@chaosreigns.com.

On 01/18, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
> https://fedorahosted.org/auto-mass-check/
> I can't speak for the others, but myself and all my recruits are
> using auto-mass-check.  It is only a wrapper script but it works
> great.

I'm not allowed to edit
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/NightlyMassCheck
Can somebody else add auto-mass-check to it?

While I'm here:

auto-mass-check ran from cron last night, and the output looks good, but my
stuff is not showing on today's ruleqa (and it is for yesterday, when
I ran auto-mass-check manually).

The last line of the output is:

rsync -qPcvz  ham-darxus.log spam-darxus.log darxus@rsync.spamassassin.org::corpus/

Run at:
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 04:00:28 -0500 (EST)

$ pwd ; wc -l *.log
/home/darxus/masscheckwork/nightly_mass_check/masses
  1071 ham-darxus.log
     6 spam-darxus.log

--
"Of course there's strength in numbers. But there's strength in sharp
weaponry too. Ironically, this lead to what we call 'civilization'."

Re: corpus-nightly script not working

Posted by "Warren Togami Jr." <wt...@gmail.com>.
On 01/18/2011 11:58 AM, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> $ ~/nightlymc/trunk/masses/rule-qa/corpus-nightly
> + rsync -Pcvuzb --timeout=120 spam-darxus.log ham-darxus.log darxus@rsync.spamassassin.org::corpus/
> skipping non-regular file "ham-darxus.log"
> skipping non-regular file "spam-darxus.log"
>
> sent 62 bytes  received 12 bytes  29.60 bytes/sec
>

> It looks like adding --copy-links to the rsync command worked.
>

> Does this mean nobody uses the corpus-nightly script?

https://fedorahosted.org/auto-mass-check/
I can't speak for the others, but myself and all my recruits are using
auto-mass-check.  It is only a wrapper script but it works great.

Warren

Re: corpus-nightly script not working

Posted by "Warren Togami Jr." <wt...@gmail.com>.
On 1/19/2011 11:54 AM, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> On 01/19, Justin Mason wrote:
>> hmm -- works fine for me.  what does "ls -l spam-darxus.log" look like
>> in the masses dir?  mine looks like:
>
> It was a symbolic link, which is why --copy-links made it work.
>
>> Warren's script may be worth a try though  ;)
>
> Yeah, it seems to be working, and I've added it to cron.
>

> Also, I should not submit my incomplete spam, right?  I only have what
> spamassassin didn't catch (SA's running as a pre-queue filter).

IMHO, I think it's fine to include that spam.  If you went through the
effort of sorting it manually then you might as well.  It is helpful to
have more low scoring spam in the nightly masscheck in order to test the
borderline rules.

Warren

On 01/19, Justin Mason wrote:
> hmm -- works fine for me.  what does "ls -l spam-darxus.log" look like
> in the masses dir?  mine looks like:

It was a symbolic link, which is why --copy-links made it work.

> Warren's script may be worth a try though  ;)

Yeah, it seems to be working, and I've added it to cron.

Also, I should not submit my incomplete spam, right?  I only have what
spamassassin didn't catch (SA's running as a pre-queue filter).

--
"It's never too late to panic."
http://www.ChaosReigns.com

Re: corpus-nightly script not working

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
hmm -- works fine for me.  what does "ls -l spam-darxus.log" look like
in the masses dir?  mine looks like:

-rw-r--r-- 1 jm jm 18340011 Jan 19 05:06 trunk/masses/spam-jm.log

Warren's script may be worth a try though  ;)

--j.