Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Mazhar Shaikh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/06 09:40:47 UTC

log4j configuration for zookeeper with kafka process

Hi All,

How to enable zookeeper logs for kafka process?

kafka provides "log4j.properties" property file which doesn't have
zookeeper entry.

Can someone please help me with log4j configuration to enable zookeeper
logs ?

Thank you.

Regards,
Mazhar Shaikh

Re: log4j configuration for zookeeper with kafka process

Posted by Mazhar Shaikh <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Patrick,

Thank you for you reply.

I'm actually trying to debug a issue with kafka broker, where kafka broker
losses the zookeeper session due to expiry.

[2016-09-06 05:00:42,595] INFO Client session timed out, have not heard
from server in 20903ms for sessionid 0x256fabec47c0003, closing socket
connection and attempting reconnect (org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn)
[2016-09-06 05:00:42,696] INFO zookeeper state changed (Disconnected)
(org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkClient)

To debug this, I feel both zookeeper server & zookeeper client logs may be
helpful.

Regards,
Mazhar Shaikh

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.