Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Thropp, Shawn" <th...@adlnet.org> on 2003/03/28 19:08:14 UTC

Invalid anyURI type

In the past I have been trying to set the external-schemaLocation Property
and I understand there have been several bugs reported.  I am not sure if
the particular problem that I am having is a bug in Xerces-J or the way I am
trying to create and use a DOM Parser and external-scheamLocation property.

In our implementation I set the external-schemaLocation property to a string
that contains the all of the namespaces and XSDs to use (in the proper
format).  For a sanity check, I get the extenal-schemaLocation property
after I set to verify it got set correctly.  It seems to be setting it
correctly.

When that actual parser begins doing its job, I receive the following error:
FAILED: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1:
'M:\software_development\xml\xsd\custom.xsd' is not a valid 'anyURI' value.
line: -1, col: -1

The XSDs all exist locally on my system.  Is the string, in the error
message, a valid URI?  Or is there a bug with the handling of the
external-schemaLocation property?

Thanks for the help
Schawn