Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by sarappa <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/07 21:18:24 UTC

POS inventory selection

Hi
I have question regarding how to assign inventory item when sales happens
from POS terminal, for our scenario, I need to keep track of which inventory
item it picked as we have expiry date for a product, and lets say there are
two batch, then applicable inventory item needs to be updated, else we have
problem with expiry date for the batch, how to handle this scenario in POS
and/or via order entry.

Looked at similar post, as far as I see, its not available OOTB, please let
me if its already implemented or any idea how this can be done.

Thanks
Saravanan

Re: POS inventory selection

Posted by sarappa <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi
Thanks for the information, I will look at the strategy more in detail

Sarappa

Re: POS inventory selection

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Also remember that, by default, the POS does not check/require an inventory (though it reserves) and is immediately fulfilled (the idea is you can't sell something you don't have available), but I guess you are ahead of that already

See catalog/control/EditProductStore?productStoreId=9100 for more...

Jacques

From: "Paul Foxworthy" <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>

Re: POS inventory selection

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.