Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2003/05/23 16:36:43 UTC

maven and eclipse

I'm finding the configuration of Maven as an external tool builder in
Eclipse somewhat confusing as theres limited documentationon it so far
I've done a search in Google and tracked down the following links.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Maven+Eclipse&btnG=Google+Search

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/eclipse/
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/stories/2003/02/12/usingEclipseAndMaven.html
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/2003/01/02.html

These are nice starts, but don't show how to get it enabled as an
external builder.

Currently

1.) I have the cvs tree for maven checked out.
2.) Set MAVEN_HOME to be the path to my maven checkout
3.) Set MAVEN_REPO to be the repository location in Eclipse
4.) Run ant bootstrap.

There are two new variables in the bootstrap which I've set.

maven.repo.local property

MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL environment variable or maven.home.local property

How do I setup Maven as an external tools builder?

thanks,
-Mark