Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ian Godman <ia...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/09/26 12:48:18 UTC

File downloading with Wicket

Can any one give me a pointer or 2 on how to download a file from a wicket page?

I have a LinkTree representing a directory tree which is lazy loaded via ajax. When the user clicks on a file node I need to download the file to them. However the file is stored with a different name (allows for versioning etc)   so it needs to arrive at the browser as a file with the name as displayed in the tree not as saved on the hard disk.

This was previously implemented in a Tapestry system using a servelet but I just cant get my head around the issues of using a servlet in Wicket (does not seem the right way to me).

Any help in clearing the fog most appreciated, example code even more so

Ian

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/

Re: File downloading with Wicket

Posted by Roland Kaercher <ic...@rolandkaercher.de>.
Hello Ian,

I think DownLoadLink (
http://people.apache.org/~tobrien/wicket/apidocs/org/apache/wicket/markup/html/link/DownloadLink.html
) is what you need.

Regards,
Roland

Posted by Vit Rozkovec <wi...@rozkovec.info>.
There is a DownloadLink for this scenarion.

Vitek

Posted by Andrew Klochkov <a....@webalta-team.com>.
Have a look at the DownloadLink class

--