Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Denise Mauldin <de...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/03 20:08:54 UTC

Checksum errors

 A coworker and I are trying to build spring with
 maven.� This is our first time using maven.� We're
 trying on two different machines (a mac and a linux redhat
 machine) and we've installed the latest versions.�
 We're both getting a TON of checksum errors on basic
 components (ie: maven-shared from https://maven-repository.dev.java.netnonav/repository/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-io/1.1/maven-shared-io-1.1.jar).�
 We've tried running with the -c flag and that doesn't seem
 to work.� I've attached a log for my maven run with -e
 -X where I've removed my .m2 directory before
 beginning.� All of the jars that it says 'error
 reading' at the end of the log are actually HTML redirect
 notices that say the jar file has been moved.

 What do we need to do to fix this?  Is one of the repositories bad?

 Thanks,
 Denise

Re: Checksum errors

Posted by "William Strunk, Jr" <wi...@hotmail.com>.
Once in a while a forum blindly invites an illiterate into its ranks who bogs
down the threads with minced misspellings, incorrect verb tenses and
stuttering shifts in narrative. The community tolerates this texting
techno-babbler, although, in this grammarian's opinion, all-too-frequently
and to its detriment.

You, sir, have committed jest in poor form, literally.

Bob Ross wrote:

> nice gafter!

You have used the noun form and yet I see no noun form in your definition. I
have amended your definition, thusly.

gafter --
v. to assault in writing a person's argument, reasoning or position based
upon that person's perceived ignorance of the formal process(es) required to
enact or support the argument, reasoning or position; to refute in writing
an assertion made by the asserter who is perceived as uninformed in the area
in which the refuter is informed.
n. a written assault as such.

In the future, please see [1] and put down the Twitter!

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parts_of_speech

Re: Checksum errors

Posted by Bob Ross <bo...@gmail.com>.

Wayne Fay wrote:

> Friends don't let friends use the dev.java.net repo...

ohh snap! nice gafter [1][2] !

Cheers,

Bob

[1] gafter - v. to assault in writing a person's argument, reasoning or
position based upon that person's perceived ignorance of the formal
process(es) required to enact or support the argument, reasoning or
position; to refute in writing an assertion made by the asserter who is
perceived as uninformed in the area in which the refuter is informed.
[2]
http://gafter.blogspot.com/2006/11/reified-generics-for-java.html?showComment=1203883620000#c8374851026588442066

Sent from my email client.

Re: Checksum errors

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
2009/12/3 Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>:
>>  We're both getting a TON of checksum errors on basic
>>  components (ie: maven-shared from https://maven-repository.dev.java.netnonav/repository/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-io/1.1/maven-shared-io-1.1.jar).
>
> Friends don't let friends use the dev.java.net repo...

+1000

I think we have a winner for best quote of 2009

Re: Checksum errors

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
>  We're both getting a TON of checksum errors on basic
>  components (ie: maven-shared from https://maven-repository.dev.java.netnonav/repository/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-io/1.1/maven-shared-io-1.1.jar).

Friends don't let friends use the dev.java.net repo... Are you sure