Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/10/30 02:29:07 UTC

web console question

I have a question on XML generation in the Ignite web console (we have had
it deployed on GridGain server for a while):

https://console.gridgain.com

On the summary page, we can save client and server XML files. After I save
either one, I get a mini-zip files with all the generated domain model and
XML configuration. Now, this XML configuration includes only client or
server, but not both.

I think it’s a big usability issue. Ideally, we should generate both,
client and server XML configurations (or code snippets) and have one
download.

Also, on a slightly different node, near cache configuration does not get
included into the generated XML file. I think it is a bug.

Thoughts?

D.

Re: web console question

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 3:58 AM, Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznetsov@gridgain.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Dmitriy, looks reasonable.
>>
>> We will implement this shortly.
>>

> Alexey,
>
> I have looked at the implementation and it looks much better.
>
> One comment: in the generated zip, the server config file should be named
> somename-server.xml, not just somename.xml.

And a couple more comments:

a. How do I enable/disable the near cache configuration?
b. Regardless of what I set in the near cache configuration, the generated
file does not have any near cache settings.

Re: web console question

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Re: web console question

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.