Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr> on 2003/12/25 15:38:15 UTC

Re: [A SOLUTION] Validating a document with an action --> Correction

At 13:43 25/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>I wrote an action which can validate an xml document according a DTD.
>
>Here an example :
>
>The ACTION :
>In the act method you can write :
>
>StrDocument = source; --> representing the * of the sitemap.
>
>DocumentBuilderFactory dbf = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
>DocumentBuilder db = null;
>try {
>db = dbf.newDocumentBuilder();

This line should be before the try.

Re: Custom DB-Generator crashes

Posted by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de>.
it think you have to close your db connection.

hth,
Frank

Re: Custom DB-Generator crashes

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Mathias Wiegard wrote:
> Hi,
> I wrote a custom db-generator (extends Composer Generator) where I'm
> connecting to a mysql-database to generate SAX-Events for a consumer.
> Exactly after 10 times using a pipeline  with the generator (the consumer is
> simply a xml-serializer) cocoon is hanging up. I implemented the connection
> release of the db-connection after every use in a "finally"-block. But I'm
> only releasing the db-selector in the dispose-method. Could there be the
> problem? Does this problem sound familiar to someone of you guys? Any
> Suggestions?

Can you give more information on exactly what Cocoon "does" what is
printed out to screen/standard out (if anything) and what is in the
cocoon logs?

Geoff

Custom DB-Generator crashes

Posted by Mathias Wiegard <Ma...@student.uni-ulm.de>.
Hi,
I wrote a custom db-generator (extends Composer Generator) where I'm
connecting to a mysql-database to generate SAX-Events for a consumer.
Exactly after 10 times using a pipeline  with the generator (the consumer is
simply a xml-serializer) cocoon is hanging up. I implemented the connection
release of the db-connection after every use in a "finally"-block. But I'm
only releasing the db-selector in the dispose-method. Could there be the
problem? Does this problem sound familiar to someone of you guys? Any
Suggestions?
Mat

Mathias Wiegard
Sedanstraße 67