Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by satheeshsamiappan <cs...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/16 09:22:25 UTC

populating template using xml

Hi all,

I have a scenario where i need to load a template based on a XML file. I was
able to load it using the vm template.

Now i need to use xpath expression to get a section of xml document. Is
there a way to fetch portion of xml document using xpath expression.

I tried anakia, but still it is teasing.
eg:
#set ($studentList = $xpath.applyTo("document/student", $root))
#foreach( $student in $studentList)
$student
#end

When i use the above code in my vm template i'm able to get only the end
nodes and not the values.
o/p:
[Element: <student/>]
[Element: <student/>]
[Element: <student/>]

without using xpath expression i'm able to get the desired  o/p.

my xml file looks like this
<document>
	<student>
		<rno>1</rno>