Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by ma...@mjwilcox.com on 2000/04/08 06:09:17 UTC

LDAP and SecurityContext

Hi,
I'm working on a chapter for an upcoming book on JSPs by Wrox
Press. My chapter is on JSP and Security. One of the topics I'm
going to cover is how to add an LDAP based interceptor. I know
that I can use SecurityCheck.java as a model, but should I just add
my LDAP code to that class or create a new class (e.g.
LDAPSecurityCheck.java) and if so where do I tell Tomcat where to
locate it?

Also is it possible to put any configuation information in the
web.xml file for the Security Interceptor to use (e.g. things like
LDAP hostname, search base, etc)? Or must I hardcode this or put
into a seperate properties file?

If someone can point me in the right direction, I'll be happy to pass
back whatever code I write. I might be able to give even something
more valueable, documentation! ;)

thanks,

Mark