Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by wa...@onmail.co.uk on 2001/07/13 12:32:17 UTC

Apache_test

Hi
I am thinking about running apache on a non-critical server, so if anybody wants to apply test's, patches etc to see what happens contact me on wayne010@onmail.co.uk

Wayne
Chester
Uk

Re: Apache_test

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 08:36:59AM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > I assume you mean Apache 2.0?  If so, what OS? We could really use some real world
> > exposure for the threaded MPMs under Apache 2.0
>
> FWIW, I'm trying to get threaded MPM working on the new apachelabs.org
> box (Solaris 8 4/01).  It'll probably get rolled out today.
>
> Still seeing some oddities with how many children it creates.  Or, maybe
> I'm just misinterpreting the StartServer line.  I do agree that we could
> get away with just one child process (esp. under Solaris), but that's
> not what my config says (it says "StartServer 3").

Check to see how many Min and Max SpareServers you should have.  It is
possible that based on those numbers you are creating 3 child processes,
and killing off 2 of them.

Ryan

Re: Apache_test

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.
On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 08:36:59AM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> I assume you mean Apache 2.0?  If so, what OS? We could really use some real world
> exposure for the threaded MPMs under Apache 2.0

FWIW, I'm trying to get threaded MPM working on the new apachelabs.org
box (Solaris 8 4/01).  It'll probably get rolled out today.

Still seeing some oddities with how many children it creates.  Or, maybe
I'm just misinterpreting the StartServer line.  I do agree that we could
get away with just one child process (esp. under Solaris), but that's
not what my config says (it says "StartServer 3").

And, I finally found coreadm, so if it segfaults I should get a core
dump somewhere.  Hopefully, I set it up right.  =)  -- justin

Re: Apache_test

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
I assume you mean Apache 2.0?  If so, what OS? We could really use some real world
exposure for the threaded MPMs under Apache 2.0

Bill