Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Shahed Ali <sh...@enoor.com> on 2001/01/26 17:44:20 UTC

BIZZAR Caching Problem !!

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 3.2.1 w/Sun JDK 1.3 on Solaris 8 + Apache 1.3.14 + mod_jk

Now here is my problem.

I have a jsp page with an include to refer to file a.inc.
I change the include to refer to another file (b.inc)

I reload the page. I still see the content of a.inc.

I touch the jsp file. No change.
I go to the work directory and rm * (delete all generated class and java
files)
I reload the page. No change.

I look at the generated .java code for my jsp page. It sill includes the old
a.inc file.

FINALLY I restart tomcat.

Everything back to normal.

Can anyone tell me what was going on ? Does mod_jk somehow cache the jsp
file ?

Thanks
Shahed.