Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be> on 2006/08/06 21:05:27 UTC

Re: svn commit: r429168 [1/2] - in /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk: ./ src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/ src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/expr/ src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/flow/ src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/properties/ test/fotree/testcases/ test/layoutengine/ test/layoutengine/s...

On Aug 6, 2006, at 20:24, adelmelle@apache.org wrote:

> Author: adelmelle
> Date: Sun Aug  6 11:23:59 2006
> New Revision: 429168

> Log:
> Rework of the marker/retrieve-marker implementation to cater for
> correct evaluation of percentages and relative font-sizes, as well
> as more correct white-space handling.

<snip />

OK, got it wrapped up.

I did not explicitly take into account any performance related stuff,
but I guess the whole picture would be along the lines of:
a) for documents with
   a small number of pages
   a relatively small number of markers per page
   only one retrieve-marker per page
   => a slight drop in performance, maybe...
b) large documents containing lots-and-lots of markers and a few
retrieve markers per page should benefit the most

Big step forward is that the property resolution is only performed
for those markers that are retrieved. If you have a large number of
markers, this could save you some.

Not only that, the results should be more correct now as well ;P

Let me know if anything does not agree with you, and if it does,
well... enjoy.

Later

Andreas

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Looks good on first sight!

> On Aug 6, 2006, at 20:24, adelmelle@apache.org wrote:
>
> > Author: adelmelle
> > Date: Sun Aug  6 11:23:59 2006
> > New Revision: 429168

> > Log:
> > Rework of the marker/retrieve-marker implementation to cater for
> > correct evaluation of percentages and relative font-sizes, as well
> > as more correct white-space handling.
>
> <snip />
>
> OK, got it wrapped up.
>
> I did not explicitly take into account any performance related stuff,
> but I guess the whole picture would be along the lines of:
> a) for documents with
>    a small number of pages
>    a relatively small number of markers per page
>    only one retrieve-marker per page
>    => a slight drop in performance, maybe...
> b) large documents containing lots-and-lots of markers and a few
> retrieve markers per page should benefit the most
>
> Big step forward is that the property resolution is only performed
> for those markers that are retrieved. If you have a large number of
> markers, this could save you some.
>
> Not only that, the results should be more correct now as well ;P
>
> Let me know if anything does not agree with you, and if it does,
> well... enjoy.
>

> Later
>
> Andreas

Jeremias Maerki