Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jonty Rhods <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/19 09:29:59 UTC

query about the server configuration

Dear all,

I am quite new and not work on solr for heavy request.

I have following server configuration:

16GB RAM
16 CPU

I need to index update in every minutes and at least more than 5000 docs per
day. Size of the data per day will be around 50 MB. I am expecting 10 to
30 concurrent hit on server which is 2 million hits per day and around 30 to
40 concurrent user at peak our.

Right now I had configure core and using static method to call solr server
in solrj (SolrServer server = new HttpSolrServer();). I am worried that at
peak our static instance of the server in solrj will not able to perform the
response and it will become slow.

Is there any way to open more then one connection of server instance in the
SolrJ like connection pool which we are using in Database related connection
pooling (Apache DBCP or Hibernate).

Please help me to configure the server as my heavy requirements.

thanks for your help.

regards
jonty

Re: query about the server configuration

Posted by Ranveer <ra...@gmail.com>.
thanks..

However I am still not clear about that How can I achieve the requirement:

1. I have around 10000 file to index daily.
2. I need to index in every 5 minutes
3. size of the files are 50mb per day
4. 10 to 20 concurrent users

please help..