Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com> on 2015/03/02 04:28:54 UTC

Re: Warning: Don't update your eclipse Checkstyle plugin...

Hi Daniel,

How did you go with getting cxf to support the latest checkstyle?  Are we
still limited to older than 6.2?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On Mar 1, 2015, at 10:28 PM, Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> How did you go with getting cxf to support the latest checkstyle?  Are we
> still limited to older than 6.2?

master is now using 6.2.   However, that requires a snapshot of the buildutils which has updated rules and config.   The updated buildutils also has updated PMD rules.   I’m kind of waiting on a “release” of buildutils as I ended up submitting a bunch of pull requests to the pmd-eclipse plugin and I’m waiting for a release of that which will even have an even newer version of PMD (also not yet released).  I want to make sure the updates are compatible with what will be released.

Dan

> On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Just a warning to the CXF devs:   don’t update your eclipse plugin for
>> check style.   The new version is very incompatible with our settings.
>> What’s worse, I cannot get it to be compatible with settings used with the
>> maven-eclipse-plugin (even the latest one released yesterday).  I’m trying
>> to fix all the things that I can that are compatible between the two
>> versions, but there are still well over a 100 errors reported….
>>

>> Now to figure out how to downgrade my plugin….  :(
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp