Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sergio <se...@strategos.com.br> on 2008/07/15 16:43:56 UTC

Different behavior on debian and windows

Hi,

I'm experiencing different behavior when running my WebApp on Debian
(production) and WinXP (develpment). On WinXP it runs fine with no
errors, but the same application running on Debian gives me an error on
several combo boxes asking for a string/integer converter. I have the
same version of every single library, tomcat and JRE running on both
servers.

I also tried to run on Debian with recent versions of tomcat (5.5.26),
myfaces (1.1.6), tomahawk (1.1.5) and JRE (1.5.0 update 9, same as my
WinXP machine).

The weird thing is that, it does not throw the exception on every combo
box. For example, I have a web page with 4 combo boxes. Two pairs, they
load the exact same data (state/city), but on pair gives no error and
the second pair throws the exception.

Changing my WebApp to fix this error (add converter) is a lot of work
(230 pages using combo boxes) as it was working before and it suddenly
stopped, any help would be appreciated to fix this problem in a easy way
if possible.

Thanks in advance,
Sergio