Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andreas Owen <ao...@conx.ch> on 2013/11/21 16:12:58 UTC

search with wildcard

I am querying "test" in solr 4.3.1 over the field below and it's not finding
all occurences. It seems that if it is a substring of a word like
"Supertestplan" it isn't found unless I use a wildcards "*test*". This is
write because of my tokenizer but does someone know a way around this? I
don't want to add wildcards because that messes up queries with multiple
words.

<fieldType name="text_de" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">

      <analyzer>

words="lang/stopwords_de.txt" format="snowball"
enablePositionIncrements="true"/> <!-- remove common words -->

        <filter class="solr.GermanNormalizationFilterFactory"/>

                               <filter
class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="German"/> <!-- remove
noun/adjective inflections like plural endings -->

      </analyzer>

    </fieldType>