Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Pratik Gadiya <pr...@persistent.com> on 2015/07/21 12:22:53 UTC

Adding Local Repos to Ambari via REST APIs

Hi Team,

I came to know that we have BigInsights integrated with ambari in BI 4.0 version.
So, I manually deployed the cluster via ambari UI and all the services were up and running.
In this, I have used my local repository for the deployment.

Currently, I want to convert this manual steps into automation.
For the same, I was wondering how can I add my local stack repositories via ambari rest apis.

I investigated on this and found some pointers on the url https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Blueprints#Blueprints-Step4:SetupStackRepositories(Optional)
However, I am not getting what should be the value or how to get the names highlighted in bold as below

PUT /api/v1/stacks/:stack/versions/:stackVersion/operating_systems/:osType/repositories/:repoId

For HDP its something like,
/api/v1/stacks/HDP/versions/2.2/operating_systems/redhat6/repositories/HDP-2.2

Is there any way by which I can get this value via REST API in the BI 4.0 deployed cluster ?

Help Appreciated !!

With Regards,
Pratik Gadiya

DISCLAIMER

Re: Adding Local Repos to Ambari via REST APIs

Posted by Greg Hill <gr...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Just do GET instead of PUT to get the current values.

Greg

From: Pratik Gadiya <pr...@persistent.com>>
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 5:22 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>
Subject: COMMERCIAL:Adding Local Repos to Ambari via REST APIs

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.