Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael W Cocke <co...@catherders.com> on 2006/03/16 12:22:34 UTC

sa-stats ver 6256 w/SA 3.1

I never looked in the tools directory before, but I just noticed
sa-stats. (sa-stats version 6256, SA version 3.10).  I tried running
it, and got all zeros for every number.  Is there an init step that's
non-obvious (I set the config info up), or did this version not work?

It's not a priority - SA is working perfectly! - it would just be
something to show the users.

Mike-
--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.

Re: sa-stats ver 6256 w/SA 3.1

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Alexander Vranken" <xa...@wel.nu>

>> it, and got all zeros for every number.  Is there an init step that's
>> non-obvious (I set the config info up), or did this version not work?
>>
>>You need to specify a time range for it to use.  You also have to have log
> data for it to extract.
>>
>>The default time range seems to be "After today", which not too
> surprisingly doesn't find a lot of log info.
>>
>>       Loren
>

> I've tried this command: /sa-stats.pl -l /var/log/mail.log -s 'midnight' -e
                                                        ^
> 'now', but still only zero's.
>
> And I definitely have a lot of spam :)

Are you sure you do not want to remove the "." at the marker above?

{^_^}

RE: sa-stats ver 6256 w/SA 3.1

Posted by Alexander Vranken <xa...@wel.nu>.
> it, and got all zeros for every number.  Is there an init step that's
> non-obvious (I set the config info up), or did this version not work?
>
>You need to specify a time range for it to use.  You also have to have log
data for it to extract.

>The default time range seems to be "After today", which not too
surprisingly doesn't find a lot of log info.

>       Loren

I've tried this command: /sa-stats.pl -l /var/log/mail.log -s 'midnight' -e
'now', but still only zero's.

And I definitely have a lot of spam :)

Alexander

Re: sa-stats ver 6256 w/SA 3.1

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.

Re: sa-stats ver 6256 w/SA 3.1

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
sa-stats.pl --help

Then fill in start and end "times". The one Dallas did is much better.
You might have to search the archives for his sa-stats.pl version. It is
worth it.

{^_^}