Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca> on 2008/12/17 18:06:41 UTC

strange 404 error

We are getting a consistent 404 error during our first login.

it seems to be appending the jsessionid= param and wicket doesn't seem
to like it.

This usually happens on the first login of the day:
the app redirects to the login page with the session id appended:

Goto			: http://localhost:8080/
Redirected to		: http://localhost:8080/login;jsessionid=1b5axe9wb1o8k
Receive a 404 error:
HTTP ERROR: 404

NOT_FOUND

RequestURI=/login;jsessionid=1b5axe9wb1o8k

Powered by Jetty://

This is happening in your dev Jetty instance and on you production
Tomcat 6 instance.

It looks to me as if the login system (auth-roles) is getting the
session id from something other than the real session, and attempting
to use it, but it may also be WIcket not parsing the URI properly.

We're using Wicket 1.4 SNAPSHOT deps.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

- Brill Pappin

Re: strange 404 error

Posted by Matthew Hanlon <mr...@gmail.com>.
Right, I guess it's not correct to say it's a just a Jetty thing.  there's a
way to suppress jsessionid in tomcat as well, but I don't know how.

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <
adrianosf@uol.com.br> wrote:

> Matthew Hanlon wrote:
>
>> This is a Jetty thing...
>>
>> One way to fix it is to suppress the jsessionid in the url.  Jetty allows
>> you to suppress the jsessionid in the url as a context parameters in the
>> web.xml or webdefault.xml.  Note, if the user does not have cookies
>> enabled
>> this will cause problems.
>>
> The jsessionid is also appearing on my falling URL (Tomcat). And I have
> cookies enabled.
>

> Adriano

Matthew Rollins Hanlon
http://squareoftwo.org
_____________________
Hanlon's Razor:
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
stupidity."
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

Re: strange 404 error

Posted by Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <ad...@uol.com.br>.

Re: strange 404 error

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca>.
I'll take a look, but my QA says it's also happening with Tomcat 6.

All in all, it's Wicket that actually has the problem. There is
something wicket is doing with the URL/ session that is not what
should be happening.

- Brill Pappin
   Sent from my mobile.

Re: strange 404 error

Posted by Matthew Hanlon <mr...@gmail.com>.
This is a Jetty thing...

One way to fix it is to suppress the jsessionid in the url.  Jetty allows
you to suppress the jsessionid in the url as a context parameters in the
web.xml or webdefault.xml.  Note, if the user does not have cookies enabled
this will cause problems.

In your web.xml:

<context-param>
    <param-name>org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionURL</param-name>
    <param-value>none</param-value>
</context-param>

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca> wrote:

> For us its consistent and predictable... it always happens when the session
> has expired.
>
> - Brill Pappin
>

> On 17-Dec-08, at 12:26 PM, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
>
>  I'm having similar errors (not 404, but internal error, sorry but do not
>> have stack trace right now, and is not always reproducible). I use Wicket
>> 1.4-rc1 and auth-roles with Tomcat6.
>>
>> It seems that when there is no session, just after the login the error
>> happens. It was a NoMethodFound from IForm*.
>>

>> Adriano
>>

>> Brill Pappin escreveu:
>>
>>> We are getting a consistent 404 error during our first login.
>>>
>>> it seems to be appending the jsessionid= param and wicket doesn't seem to
>>> like it.
>>>

>>> This usually happens on the first login of the day:
>>> the app redirects to the login page with the session id appended:
>>>
>>> Goto            : http://localhost:8080/
>>> Redirected to        :
>>> http://localhost:8080/login;jsessionid=1b5axe9wb1o8k
>>> Receive a 404 error:
>>> HTTP ERROR: 404
>>>
>>> NOT_FOUND
>>>
>>> RequestURI=/login;jsessionid=1b5axe9wb1o8k
>>>
>>> Powered by Jetty://
>>>
>>> This is happening in your dev Jetty instance and on you production Tomcat
>>> 6 instance.
>>>
>>> It looks to me as if the login system (auth-roles) is getting the session
>>> id from something other than the real session, and attempting to use it, but
>>> it may also be WIcket not parsing the URI properly.
>>>
>>> We're using Wicket 1.4 SNAPSHOT deps.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this?
>>>
>>> - Brill Pappin

Matthew Rollins Hanlon
http://squareoftwo.org

Re: strange 404 error