Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Navneet Kumar <na...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/27 11:48:26 UTC

Near Cache with Partitioned Cache and DB store Mysql

Hi
Use cases :
Suppose my application back end DB is MYSQL.

1. Application writes a records (By using write through API) to PARTITIONED
caches on ignite server instance from Cache the records will be stored on
SQL DB...

2. Now while fetching the same records from application first I would fetch
a records from near cache (using read through API) for better performance,
if records are not available in local cache, then fetch from server
PARTITIONED cache system. If not there then fetch from SQL DB, which is my
persistence store.

3. Now Suppose my SQL DB gets updated, then how my PARTITIONED cache and
LOCAL cache will get updated. Would it be or not?

4. If my PARTITIONED cache node instance goes down while calling the LOCAL
cache store, What would be the behavior

5. Could I use near cache with REPLICATED CACHE enabled or not?

Re: Near Cache with Partitioned Cache and DB store Mysql

Posted by Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>.
Hi,

> 3. Now Suppose my SQL DB gets updated, then how my PARTITIONED cache and
> LOCAL cache will get updated. Would it be or not?

Your cache will not be updated. There is no any possibility for cache
to know that your persistence store was updated.

> 4. If my PARTITIONED cache node instance goes down while calling the LOCAL
> cache store, What would be the behavior

It seems that I don't understand the case. What is local caches store
in this case?

> 5. Could I use near cache with REPLICATED CACHE enabled or not?

I think you could but why? In case of affinity node you will have all
data of replicated cache on this node.