Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com> on 2012/11/27 20:28:43 UTC

Re: [Discuss] Maven and Apache Flex

  As I understand it, Maven is an automated build tool.  Kind of like
ANT on steroids.

Re: AW: [Discuss] Maven and Apache Flex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 11/28/12 7:00 AM, "Simon Morvan" <ga...@zone84.net> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Velo's communication policy is disruptive* yet Flexmojos is open-source.
> Nothing blocks us from make it a true Apache project, in the scope of
> Flex (preferably) or in it's own scope. Communication policy would be
> then ruled by the community.
Actually, that's probably not true.  Even though it is open-source, it is
"owned" and we cannot copy it into Apache without the owner's permission.
Well, we probably "can" but it is against Apache policy to do so.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: AW: [Discuss] Maven and Apache Flex

Posted by Simon Morvan <ga...@zone84.net>.
Le 27/11/2012 23:04, christofer.dutz@c-ware.de a écrit :
> Even if I'm currently the project lead of Flexmojos, I would strongly suggest not to go that road.
>
> There is far too much legacy stuff to carry with Flexmojos and I have to admit that the rather restricive communication policy of Velo is rather discouraging.
>
> I think IF WE WERE TO GO THAT ROAD, developing an Apache Flex plugin first and using that to compile the Framework libs sounds like a far better solution.
> This way we would have controll over the entire stack needed to build Flex.
Chris,

Velo's communication policy is disruptive* yet Flexmojos is open-source.
Nothing blocks us from make it a true Apache project, in the scope of
Flex (preferably) or in it's own scope. Communication policy would be
then ruled by the community.

*well... in my opinion, it's just self defence of a sole individual
overflowed by its user-base rants and complaints.

--
Simon

AW: [Discuss] Maven and Apache Flex

I have initiated a thread with my UI architecture team.  Will send out the poll responses soon.

In the meantime, here is a gauge of the popularity of this feature.  This is the most voted-on issue in our JIRA base.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33086
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewVoters!default.jspa?id=12538816

Thanks,
Om