Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by OKO <ol...@sics.se> on 2009/04/27 15:25:52 UTC

Xindice 1.2 -- Corba?

I was under the impression that Corba was dropped somewhere in 1.1.

But I see it in the 1.2 documenation
   http://xml.apache.org/xindice/1.2/guide-developer.html
where it says
   "In the Xindice implementation this will make sure that the CORBA
resources are released properly."

What's up, doc?

/O

Re: Xindice 1.2 -- Corba?

Posted by Natalia Shilenkova <ns...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:25 AM, OKO <ol...@sics.se> wrote:

> I was under the impression that Corba was dropped somewhere in 1.1.
>
> But I see it in the 1.2 documenation
>   http://xml.apache.org/xindice/1.2/guide-developer.html
> where it says
>   "In the Xindice implementation this will make sure that the CORBA
> resources are released properly."
>
> What's up, doc?

CORBA is not used anymore. The thing in in the documentation is sort
of a fossil that somehow managed to survive since v1.0. That
col.close() statement in the developer guide example closes XML-RPC
connection instead.

Natalia