Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by dhanuka ranasinghe <dh...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/31 15:04:54 UTC

Kafka Source Connector tasks run only in same node

Hi All,

I'm new to Kafka and I created TCP Kafka Source connector [1] and deployed
in Kafka Connect Cluster in distributed mode. There is two node/instance of
connectors in Kafka Connector cluster.

But out of them only in one node run *tasks* even though it shows
connector in both nodes active and running status.

In here I have used RxNetty  server, so what happened is netty server up in
one node/host but tasks are running in other node/host

Could you please let me know the issue with this? Thanks in advance.

node==host

[1] https://github.com/dhanuka84/kafka-connect-tcp

cheers,
Dhanuka

--
Nothing Impossible,Creativity is more important than knowledge.

Re: Kafka Source Connector tasks run only in same node

Posted by Shikhar Bhushan <sh...@confluent.io>.
Hi Dhanuka,

For something like a TCP connector where you have a dependency on the
placement, the standalone mode makes more sense. With distributed mode you
can't have guarantees of what instances your connector's tasks will be
distributed to.

Best,

Shikhar

Posted by dhanuka ranasinghe <dh...@gmail.com>.
Please note *zookeeper* running on only in *10.72.133.195
<http://10.72.133.195:8084>*

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 9:49 AM, dhanuka ranasinghe <

Posted by dhanuka ranasinghe <dh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dhanuka ranasinghe <dh...@gmail.com>.
kafka connector status