Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vadim Kisselmann <v....@googlemail.com> on 2012/06/19 16:54:07 UTC

Solr 1.4, slaves hang after replication from an just optimized master

Hi folks,

i have to look for an old live system with solr 1.4.
When i optimize an bigger index with round about 200GB(after optimize
and cut, 100GB) and my slaves
replicate the newest version after(!) optimize, they hang(all) with
100% in replication and they have at once circa 300GB index sizes.
After a couple of seconds i have to restart my Tomcat, because the
slaves are no longer be able to response on queries...
Ironically, they have the same number of segments like master, i can't
see errors in my logfile and the server load is normal.
What's wrong here? :)
Normal HTTP Replication is used, this params are set on master:
    <str name="replicateAfter">commit</str>
    <str name="replicateAfter">startup</str>
    <str name="replicateAfter">optimize</str>

Any ideas?

Best regards
Vadim

Re: Solr 1.4, slaves hang after replication from an just optimized master

Posted by Vadim Kisselmann <v....@googlemail.com>.
Forget to mention:
After Tomcat-restart, the slaves still have an index with 300GB.
After an manual replication command in UI, 100GB like master in a
couple of seconds and all is ok.