Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Neil Canham <ne...@knowsense.co.uk> on 2003/05/01 15:28:05 UTC

tag causes NullpointerException in Tiles...

Using Struts 1.1b2 with the Tiles plugin, running in both WebSphere v5 and
TomCat 4.1

The NullPointerexception is thrown by Tiles because it's pageContext appears
to be null - here is the top of the stack trace:

at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.processAttribute(InsertTag.java:703
)
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.createTagHandler(InsertTag.java:508
)
	at org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.doStartTag(InsertTag.java:460)
	at org.apache.jsp._CmaLayout._jspService(_CmaLayout.java:152)

And the offending line of processAttribute is

    Object attrValue = getCurrentContext().getAttribute(name);

I have debugged to this point and sure enough - getCurrentCOntext() returns
null

Should I report this as a bug?  Is it a bug in <html:base /> or in Tiles?

Neil Canham
KnowSense Limited