Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2014/04/04 20:03:36 UTC

Plans for pycon sprints

I am going to be at the development sprints after PyCon and plan on working on
Allura.  I am hoping to focus on some issues that have arisen from more new
people trying out Allura for the first time.  I've started tracking those
tickets with this label:
https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/search?q=labels%3Agetting-started

I think several other committers will be at PyCon too.  Look forward to meeting up.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Re: Plans for pycon sprints

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 4/4/14, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> I looked at sprints page [1]_ few days
> ago I did not find Allura .

Nevermind , it's already there . Sorry for the noise ...

[...]

Olemis - @olemislc

Apache(tm) Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound
http://blood-hound.net

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: Plans for pycon sprints

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On 4/4/14 3:37 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> Hi !
> :)
>
> On 4/4/14, Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> wrote:
>> I am going to be at the development sprints after PyCon and plan on working
>> on
>> Allura.  I am hoping to focus on some issues that have arisen from more new
>> people trying out Allura for the first time.  I've started tracking those
>> tickets with this label:
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/search?q=labels%3Agetting-started
>>

> Looks very useful indeed ... I looked at sprints page [1]_ few days
> ago I did not find Allura .
>
>> I think several other committers will be at PyCon too.  Look forward to
>> meeting up.
>>

> I will be there and I'm hoping to have some time to go beyond Apache(tm)
> Bloodhound and Brython (should a sprint be organized for those
> projects) .

Cool, we should try to get the Bloodhound and Allura tables near each other.

> By the time I estimate I'll have a macbook with Mac OS Mavericks , so
> I'd appreciate if some instructions could be provided for performing
> such dev mode installation on that platform as fast as possible (<=
> and yes , it's a newbie question but please bear with me , now I'm
> very busy preparing for PyCon and it's possible that I'll be mostly
> offline in the next few days ... )

The vagrant install is easiest:
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/Install%20and%20Run%20Allura%20-%20Vagrant/

I've run the INSTALL.markdown on native OSX and it works fine too (skipping the
SVN parts, since pysvn is a pain).

Re: Plans for pycon sprints

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi !
:)

On 4/4/14, Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> wrote:
> I am going to be at the development sprints after PyCon and plan on working
> on
> Allura.  I am hoping to focus on some issues that have arisen from more new
> people trying out Allura for the first time.  I've started tracking those
> tickets with this label:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/search?q=labels%3Agetting-started

Looks very useful indeed ... I looked at sprints page [1]_ few days
ago I did not find Allura .

> I think several other committers will be at PyCon too.  Look forward to
> meeting up.

I will be there and I'm hoping to have some time to go beyond Apache(tm)
Bloodhound and Brython (should a sprint be organized for those
projects) .

By the time I estimate I'll have a macbook with Mac OS Mavericks , so
I'd appreciate if some instructions could be provided for performing
such dev mode installation on that platform as fast as possible (<=
and yes , it's a newbie question but please bear with me , now I'm
very busy preparing for PyCon and it's possible that I'll be mostly
offline in the next few days ... )

Thanks in advance !
Hope to have time and meet you there ...

[...]

.. [1] https://us.pycon.org/2014/community/sprints/