Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jasper Knulst <ja...@vlc.nl> on 2011/05/19 11:25:51 UTC

Can Hive 0.7 Rebuild partitions ?

Hi,

I have a partitioned external table on Hive 0.7. New subfolders are
regularly added to the base table HDFS folder.
I now have to perform this scan myself and let an external tool create new
partitions by generating and firing ALTER TABLE ADD PARTITION commands.

Is there an easier way to have hive scan the base table folder to see if
there are any new partitions around? Something like REBUILD PARTITIONS
perhaps??

Couldn't find anything similar on the Hive/LanguageManual/DDL

--
Kind Regards

Jasper

Re: Can Hive 0.7 Rebuild partitions ?

Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@fb.com>.
afaik there is nothing like that currently. File a feature for this on the JIRA?

Ashish

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
Indeed a useful feature: created jira for it:

Ashutosh

Posted by Roberto Congiu <ro...@openx.org>.

Posted by Igor Tatarinov <ig...@decide.com>.

Posted by Tim Spence <yo...@gmail.com>.