Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Andreas Guther <An...@markettools.com> on 2008/05/07 17:51:38 UTC

Problem with Password Management and IE 6

We have major problems with access management for users using IE 6.

The scenario is the same for both, register new user and request
password reset.

In both cases the users receives a confirmation  URL with a link.
Opening that link with default browser IE 6 or copy and paste the URL
into IE 6 does not lead to the new password page, but instead we see

Security Alert - Action Requires Authentication

The action you attempted requires that you authenticate yourself.

1.	Go Ahead Login

Clicking on Login brings the user then to the default login page, but at
that point the user does not know the new password.

If we copy and paste the URL into Firefox we have no problem and all
goes as expected.  Is this a known issue?

Andreas

Re: Problem with Password Management and IE 6

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Andreas Guther
<An...@markettools.com> wrote:

> We have major problems with access management for users using IE 6.

What version of Continuum?  IE6 is the standard at work, and we're not
having trouble with this.

Is there anything interesting in the log file?

Sometimes I have trouble with login, but it's generally when I've been
switching around between different instances and versions of
Continuum, and clearing the cookies fixes it.

--
Wendy