Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wyatt Zacharias <wy...@magitech.ca> on 2015/12/14 18:47:20 UTC

Tomcat 7.0.62 fill logs directories from a bad GET request.

So I've been having this one intermittent issue with a tomcat app, where it
will occasionally go crazy
and spit out gigabytes of logs until the directory fills up. I spent some
time tracing through and replaying all of the GET requests that were
received around the time that it happened, and I've found that any GET
request where the URI begins with a period will cause the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running Apache Tomcat 7.0.62 with
Java 1.8.0_60 on RedHat 6.7.

--
Wyatt Zacharias

Re: Tomcat 7.0.62 fill logs directories from a bad GET request.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 14/12/2015 17:47, Wyatt Zacharias wrote:
> So I've been having this one intermittent issue with a tomcat app, where it
> will occasionally go crazy
> and spit out gigabytes of logs until the directory fills up. I spent some
> time tracing through and replaying all of the GET requests that were
> received around the time that it happened, and I've found that any GET
> request where the URI begins with a period will cause the issue.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running Apache Tomcat 7.0.62 with
> Java 1.8.0_60 on RedHat 6.7.

I haven't seen this reported previously and I can't repeat it based on
your description. You'll need to provide the exact steps to reproduce
this on a clean install of the latest 7.0.x release (7.0.67 as I type
this) or the latest release of any of the currently supported Tomcat
major versions.

Mark